Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Banned Books


Tiffany, who loves to read, has hated her literature class this year. Go figure?!? I have been looking for a new way to approach things and I think that I have found it. I read today about the ALA, American Library Association, banned book list. I was very shocked to see some of the titles that were listed. Not to mention, I either own or have read over half of the them. So, we are going to be reading the ALA's "The 100 Most Frequently Challenged Books of 1990-2000". I think that this will motivate Tiffany, she loves little rebellions, and give us plenty of opportunities for discussion. If anyone else is interested, the link to this list can be found below: http://www.ala.org/ala/oif/bannedbooksweek/bbwlinks/top100.pdf . Happy reading!

1 comment:

Patti said...

I read in the local newspaper that schools in different states were requesting that Shakespeare be taken out of their libraries because he is too hard for the students to read. What are they thinking?

Grandma